The holiday season is upon us again! Everybody is busy rushing, doing and most of all buying!  Especially just coming off Thanksgiving and spending time thinking about what I am grateful for it always feels strange to me that the holiday season seems to be all about buying to me. I have always said that if the holiday season were about random acts of kindness it would be a different world. This year I am going to walk my talk and do one act of random kindness for each day of the eight days of Hannukah and blog about the results! Who is with me? Please comment on my blog or tweet me @JenaJake22 with suggestions! Please join me and I will blog about your experiences too!

Comments

12/04/2012 2:24pm

A favorite little random act of kindness that seems to be appreciated is to bring hot coffee to people who work outside when its cold, especially the guys who pump gas. If you don't have time for a coffee run, even a nice tip so they can get their own coffee! Another nice thing to do is offer to take small children for a few hours so a busy mom can do some Christmas shopping or even go to a salon, something a lot of moms never have time for! Bake cookies and drop them off at local firehouse! Don't just bring food for the food pantry, bring a little something for the people who work SO hard to keep food pantries going! It could be cookies, a box of chocolates, etc...just something to say "we appreciate you". Visit a nursing home. So many of the elderly have no family. They crave human connection. Spend an hour. Read a book to them. (check with nurses before bringing food!) Bring them something to brighten their room...a little plant, a window decoration, etc. If you have children, ask if you can bring your children caroling thru the facility! These are just a few ideas off the top of my head! I think what you are doing is wonderful! I look forward to your updates!

08/27/2014 12:22pm

our progress in opening

12/04/2012 5:49pm

I love random acts of kindness! Paying the bridge toll or flat parking rate for the car behind you is always fun. I was bringing a small gift to a friend one day. While on the bus to her house, I noticed a young woman who looked like she was having a rough day. Imagine how surprised she was when I handed my gift to her while exiting the bus! So random, so much fun and my friend wasn't expecting a gift anyway. Thanks for the challenge, you've got me cooking up some more ideas - I'll keep you posted!

04/15/2016 3:30am

I felt so happy to help others.Here are the some acts of kindness Spread the goodness,Selflessly help others, Be happy for others, Donate your old clothes to charities, Smile at people.

05/26/2016 2:38am

You are right everyone is very busy in their jobs and other routines works they are very busy in buy and selling of different things. No one is know how to help someone and no one is ready to show some mankind in their communities so it should be solved.

09/28/2016 10:07pm

The list of the acts that you shared here with the follow of them we can save our budget and can get the chance of t exploring the more was of success. Those who are having the mind for saving the monies they should have to follow them.

09/17/2017 8:29am